Saturday, May 20, 2006

Sports and Providence

For some reason I was reminded of one of the craziest sports moments these pair of eyes has ever seen. This one moment should blow apart any notion of a belief that things just happen by chance. I mean, not only was it unbelievable that it happened, but it was also too beautiful and perfect that it happened with a Randy Johnson fastball. I still remember radio sports talk show host Jim Rome's comments on the incident. "A bird and a Randy Johnson fastball tried to occupy the same space at the exact same time, and the bird lost." My friends, nothing happens by chance in this world.



On a second note, much to Alex Watlington's chagrin I am sure...I heard some possibly exciting news the other day. Rumor has it that my beloved Atlanta Hawks might be trading for the great one Allen Iverson. Atlanta could make up for all its previous blunders by bringing A.I. to the table. I still have a hard time forgiving the organization for trading Dominique Wilkins for Danny Manning during a playoff run year. However, I might finally find forgiveness in my heart if they bring A.I. to Atlanta. Watch out Atlanta, get ready for your first playoff run since the "Nique" days. Oh and Joe Johnson, its time to learn to pass the ball since a new captain will be in town. Please let this rumor be true. Ludicrous and AI in the same town, Atlanta will never be the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home