Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Vince is right on

Vince is on the Rebel Express

Let's go Vince Vaughn. It's good to see Vince sporting his Ole Miss gear. How he got it, or why the heck he is wearing it, I do not know. But I would much rather Vince be associated with my program than Matthew McConaughey (see every big Texas game). Vince, I know Blue is your boy, but lets hope we beat the Big Blue this weekend....no promises after last weeks awful performance though.

Secondly, I finally was able to thoroughly enjoy watching Aaron Brooks play quarterback. Why? Because he isn't with the Saints anymore. Now, I get to sit back and smile as he struggles with what exactly to do with the ball when his #1 receiver isn't covered. I get to chuckle when he, though untouched, fumbles in the red zone. And I get to let out a big belly laugh when I see the final stats from Aaron's first game with the Raiders (6-14, 68 yards and 7 sacks...that's correct, more sacks than completions.) My beloved Saints haven't made many good moves in the front office, but finally they look like geniuses. Goodbye Aaron Brooks, hello Drew Brees and Reggie Bush. If your a Raiders fan and you begin to feel a stomach ulcer mid-season, trust me, I know the feeling.

Lastly, FOX is absolutely out of control. I love the NFL, but watching it on FOX bewilders me. Since when did Robots have anything to do with football. It's as if every replay or camera switch has to have a robot come slamming into your screen. And my gosh, there is even a "ziiiiip" noise that occurs everytime their "2nd and 6" or "3rd and 4" yard marker disappears. For about 15 minutes I kept looking around my house wondering what was making the annoying Star Wars like "ziiiip" noise. Then I realized that Fox was actually making that noise DURING THE PLAY. Hey Fox, how about just showing football. Every scene change or statistic doesn't have to look like a nuclear bomb went off to generate the graphic. And please quit showing the Robot running and stretching when you talk about upcoming games and stats. It really is out of control. Brian picks Florida over Tennessee, USC handles Nebraska no problem, Auburn squeaks by LSU, and Miss. State scores there first points this week against Tulane.

4 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Alex said...

what is really out of control is this ESPN/ABC conspiracy now. Gameday's location this weekend is absurd with the weekend matchups. I'm guessing that they are being forced each week to be on location for the ABC primetime game--which means that gameday will not visit an SEC school this year. It's an outrage gameday is not going to be at Auburn this weekend, but i'm sure most of the crew is whining about not being in South Bend...which actually would be better than L.A.


Alex's pick's

LSU 27 Auburn 16
Florida 35 Tennessee 21
USC 144 Nebraska 13
Notre Dame 34 Michigan 17
Louisville 28 Miami 14
Miss. State 3 Tulane 6
Georgia 30 UAB 17
Arkansas 13 Vanderbilt 7
Ole Miss 24 Kentucky 21
Alabama 14 LMU 13
South Carolina 26 wofford 10


...by the way, I read a message board with an Alabama fan complaining that they were not in the top 25, claiming that all there 'defensive questions' have been answered with solid victories over Hawaii and Vanderbilt, gotta meet this guy...halarious

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vince looks like I did after we lost to Missouri.

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since Aaron Brooks didn't work out so well, maybe the Raiders can pick up Spurlock from the Cardinals. I was shocked that he didn't beat out Warner and Leinhart.

Gray, Vince was smiling compared to me.

If we only had some linemen...

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger joel kimmel said...

an update on our female friends who want to play with the big boys:

michelle wie is in danger of missing the cut today in her 6th straight men's tournament. she is 14 shots over the projected cut of +1 with 3 holes to play. she is also the only memeber of the field to fail to notch a birdie on the scorecard for the tournament.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home