Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Sunday Afternoon Chuckle



It was probably the boats fault.


One thing I don't understand is why car insurance for men is more expensive than for ladies. I guess it's our aggressive driving nature (an admirable trait of course), but from personal experience it seems women take the cake in accidents. These pictures affirm my suspicions.

The photos remind me of an incident back in my college days. I was walking across "the circle" on my way to class, when a college girl comes running at me hysterically pleading for help. Not knowing what to do, I simply braced myself for whatever was needed. My manly instincts kick in and adrenaline starts pumping. Am I going to attempt to fend off this girl from an angry boyfriend? Is she fleeing some stalker and I will have to jump in and negotiate peace...with a fist? Alas, my manly dreams went out the door as she ran past me towards someone else. Still wanting to hear what the problem was, I stopped to listen. She points towards the circle and gasps that she needs help PARKING HER CAR. And boy did she. Straight ahead was her red civic, blocking traffic around the circle (this was before Khayat's push for a "walking" campus...this incident might have been the reason for the push though). in an attempt to parallel park, the car was left almost perpendicular to the parking spot and jutting out into traffic. An impressive feat if only it had been her goal. All our (2) women readers out there, don't be offended, it's just a humorous story...but true.

All that too say, poking fun at woman's driving must mean its time for football season. (That connection made no sense, but I just wanted to say that college football is here). Sweet Emotion will reveal its SEC football picks this week, so prepare to voice your choices as well. It's time for football season! Or as Ole Miss sports marketing would say "All ABOARD THE REBEL EXPRESS."(how embarrassing).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home