Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Proud to be an American



One more reason to be proud of the red, white and blue!

During the July 4th season, everyone is expressing reasons of why they are proud to be an American. This country is indeed great and there are 1,ooo's of reasons to be thankful. Being the cultural savvy blogger that I am, I thought I would give my 2 cents of another reason I'm proud to be an American. Sometimes, all it takes is a look at another country. When you study another country, because when doing so you usually think to yourself, "thank goodness I don't have to put up with that in my country," and therefore reminded of why you are so proud to be a part of the red, white, and blue. Case in point: I beamed with pride for my own country when I heard this stat on the radio a few days ago: In a recent poll Canada has named Celine Dion as their country's most priceless star/celebrity.

Hello, and thank you Canada. Because of you, I have been reminded yet again of just how great this country is. I mean how embarrassing for Canada. Their most priceless star is a singer who shot to the top of the charts because of her cheeseball song in the movie TITANIC (And please don't get me started on that movie). She wouldn't have a prayer in a poll from the USA. I'm pretty sure if you polled the United States, you might get some wacky answere here and there. However, for the most part, our poll toppers of most priceless stars would be people such as Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Nolan Ryan, General George Patton, Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky IV, Ronald Reagan, Chuck Norris, John Wayne and others. Am I proud to say Larry Bird, Ronald Reagan, and Rocky Balboa are from the U.S.A. You bet I am!


(I said I wasn't going to talk about Titanic but here we go) For the record book, I saw Titanic for the first time this week. I had witheld from seeing it for so long for a number of reasons. But the main 2 reasons were. 1)it was only rated pg-13 instead of R even though it had explicit nudity (they called it historical nudity).
2) But foremost, I refused to go see the movie because I was ticked off/embarrassed for America that it beat Star Wars at the box office and therefore as a Patriot refused to support it. I am proud of that decision, and stand by it.

2 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very disappointed that a picture of Larry Bird appeared on this blog before a picture of the Human Highlight Zone. I hope you don't think that Bird was actually a better player. Did Mark make this post?

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Brian said...

roach-
I would never make such a claim that Larry is better than the Human Highlight film. It was just a simple statement regarding America. Indiana Farm Boy from French Lick, Indiana that could shoot the set shot just sums up America. I take Dominique any day of the year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home