Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Trickle Down "Millen-nomics"


I'll tell you what makes my day, it's to read more news from the Detroit Lions camp. After choosing a WR in the draft for the 4th time in 5 years - boldly sticking to their losing philosophy, you would think the players and fans had had enough and would be angry, oozing with pecimism. If you thought that, your accidentally mistaking them with SF 49er fans.


Matt Millen's "Kramerica-industries" philosophy has bled down into the very souls of Lion's organization. They are convinced that they are on the right track. So much so, that QB John Kitna (I can't believe that guy is even still in the league - I think Reebok is even ashamed to print him a Jersey) came out and said that the Lions are going to win 10 games next year, something they havn't done since 1995.


But after "seeing the schedule", he changed his mind. He humbly now says:


"I'll keep to myself what I think we actually will win. But it's more than 10 games,".


The report says the large part of his optimism is the recent draft choice of Calvin Johnson. Kitna, who now apparently has been certified by Millen to evaluate talent, says this about Johnson:


"I don't like putting a lot of pressure on people, but Calvin Johnson, to me, will have about the same impact that Reggie Bush had in New Orleans,"


I love that Kitna says "to me". Forget that they don't have an offensive line, a stable RB, a defensive line, LB's, or a shut down CB - Kitna believes that they now have the winning formula in another golden WR -- "Ketchup and Mustard in the same bottle....oooh, I like that." I read this and don't know whether to laugh or be sympathetic. I can just hear Kitna calling Millen after the Lions wasted their pick on another WR again "Just when I think you can't get any dumber, you go and do something like this....and totally redeem yourself!!!!!"


Dear John Kitna: If you win more than 6 games next year - Sweet Emotion will pay enormous homage to you and devote a week of posts to your honor. I also personally promise to paint a lion on my bear chest and wear it for a day.



3 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are the Lions still in the NFL?
- Chris

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Luke said...

How is Kitna still a starting QB in the NFL?

It is a close call between Millen and Isaiah as worst GM in sports.

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If "Mad" Mike Milbury was still running the show in Long Island, he would be in the running as well. He only got a decade to destroy a once proud hockey franchise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home