Friday, July 06, 2007

Barry Bonds


If I have to see the Chasing Aaron caption one more time on ESPN I think I'll.....I better stop because I know I will see it again. I already dislike the severely tainted record chase, but ESPN's every 45 second continuous reminder makes it gut-wrenching. Has there ever been a more despised record breaking effort? If Bonds breaks the record, which I'm sure he will, I just hope it is broken at an away stadium....Milwaukee would be best. That way, I can join in the chorus of boo's coming from the stands. Wanna bet his teammates won't even look very happy when he breaks it.

Secondly, it is dang hot. I saw where it is 116 degrees in Las Vegas. Granted, that is hot, but then I saw where it was only 3% humidity. Please..... I've been in Colorado where they are all complaining of 97 degree heat with no humidity. I invite all these mountain people to come down to the swamp of Jackson, Mississippi and feel the effects of 150% humidity. The only reason the deodorant company "Mitchum" (I think it's just Elmer's glue) has a market share is thanks to the sweltering south.

4 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankfully up here sportscentre has concentrated on Hockey Free Agency lately.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Luke said...

After spending a weekend in Arizona a few weeks back, I can affirm that 115 is damn hot no matter how you look at it. And I'm from a humid state.
But I would still rather be in 100+ than 90+ and a lot of humidity.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Middle Georgia with the gnats everywhere will go head to head with any environment. You sweat in the shower there.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Alex said...

...oh yeah...Bonds Sux!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home