Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Who is the elite NCAA football Conference?

Back to football. Looking at the Rankings today and here is what they show.
Top Fifteen Teams
1) SEC - 5 (That is correct, 1/3 of the top 15 teams are from the SEC). This week LSU/Florida matchup and so do Georgia/Tennesee, so things will probably change...but that is how they stack up this week. I do think Georgia is overrated (Ole Miss gave evidence to that). I'll take LSU and Tennessee in those two showdowns

2) Big 10 - 2 Teams. Ohio State and Michigan. I did find it humorous that all of a sudden ESPN jumped on the Michigan bandwagon. Remember when the week of the Michigan/Notre Dame game. ESPN was saying Michigan didn't have a prayer...they just aren't that good. But stop the press, Michigan beats Notre Dame and therefore they must be at least #2 in the country.

3) Pac 10- 2 Teams. USC and Oregon

4) Big East - 2 Teams. West Virginia and Louisville

5) Big 12 - 2 Teams. Texas and Oklahoma (OU should fall back out this week after Texas takes them to the woodshed).

6) ACC - 1 team - Clemson

7) Independent - Notre Dame

There you have it folks. The SEC is at it again.

Manly photo of the week:



Coach Norman Dale is by far one of the biggest heroes of Sweet Emotion. "When it comes to this team, what I say is the law."

7 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the picture caption:

"You stay in the game."

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Norman Dale is defintely already in the "manly Hall of Fame"

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger joel kimmel said...

i thought it was called "The Norman Dale Manly Hall of Fame"?

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Gray, thank you for your Norman Dale quote. Excuse me while I get a kleenex and wipe the tear from my eye.

I could go on and on about Norman Dale quotes.
"I've seen you guys can shoot, but There is more to the game than shooting, there is defense and fundamentals." (Allen Iverson never had Norman Dale, but he is the only exception to the rule)

"I love you guys"

"My practices aren't designed for your enjoyment"

"First of all, let's be real friendly here, okay? My name is Norm. Secondly, your coaching days are over."

And perhaps my favorite

"Five players on the floor functioning as one single unit: team, team, team - no one more important than the other."

I'm done, gotta go watch the movie now.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Alex said...

my two favorite quotes:

"Welcome to Indiana basketball"

and his 'speach' before they take the floor in the state championship:

"I love you guys"

maybe only quote that ever made my eyes water

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In "8 Seconds," when that woman says, "He's riding for Lane!" as Tough approaches 16 seconds on the bull that killed Lane Frost... I cry like a baby every time.

-Charles

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger joel kimmel said...

just got chills from the 8 seconds quote. as a competitor, i have to say the best quote, maybe all-time is: "i'll make it."

(i got to say that once in the huddle my senior year)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home