Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Everyone give attention to live earth!

Did anyone know we have a "Climate Crisis?"...I don't think the media has reminded me.

My colleague Gray Hardison has already spoken about Live Earth in his blog. However, I just wanted to add a few comments. First of all, I found it humorous that one of the excuses for a low turnout for the concerts was.....cold weather. Besides the irony, let's just be honest, Live Earth was a dud because in my opinion people don't care. Even with the media frenzy over the concert, it still raked in a whopping 2.7 million viewers on its primetime slot Saturday night. To put it in perspective, that is less than half the audience that "48 hours" drew in the same night and only slightly more than the daily viewers of Sweet Emotion (ok...obviously the last one was a lie). Sometimes ESPN (Who's Now anyone), and the media are just out of touch with reality.

Speaking of "Who's Now" on ESPN...I heard an explanation of it from Scot Van Pelt and still don't understand what the contest is. But, anyone care to notice which bracket is a little bit out of place. The Michael Jordan bracket, The Babe Ruth bracket, The Muhammad Ali bracket, and the Billie Jean King bracket. Wow, did they really just put Billie Jean King in the same category.

Finally, I've caught up on my summer movie watching. So far, "Live Free or Die Hard" has been my favorite. I think there is a maximum of 7 minutes without an action scene. It is a manly movie indeed.

2 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen die hard yet but its hard to believe that it is better than Transformers

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Brian said...

It most definitely is

 

Post a Comment

<< Home