Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Lou Holtz: Take Two


Can't get anything past this guy

While everyone else was overwhelmed by the Appalachian State victory this Saturday, Lou Holtz simply had this to say in the post-game. "The Appalachian State victory over Michigan wasn't even an upset." Week in week out he never ceases to disappoint.

Surprises from the weekend:

1) Tennessee's performance. I really was hoping for another SEC dominated game. I was sincerely disappointed. Alas, I did hear about some vintage Cutcliffe. 4th and goal from the four, let's throw a 2 yard out to our runningback.

2) Auburn's poor performance - looks like their defense must carry them all the way.

3) Texas

4) Lou Holtz was allowed on camera yet again.

5) Seth Adams first drive with the Rebels. He actually looked poised and actually threw for more yards than Schaeffer did in a game last year. No promises for the future but....

6) My computer locked up in our fantasy football draft last night. I had the number one pick and so didn't fret too much believing that my computer would draft Ladainian Tomlinson anyway. Much to my surprise it read as follows: Who Dat (my team name) drafted Laurence Maroney. Probably the only person in the world that took him with my first pick.

2 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Alex said...

u guys really have some "Cutcliffe Bitterness", the fourth and goal call was a bad check by Ainge, not the original call. All Vol fans were dissapointed, but Cal is for real. they are good. They will be undefeated coming into the USC game and will give them all they have. But Tennessee's defense is not good.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Cal has some serious speed. I watched that whole game and UT didn't play badly, they were just outmatched.

Texas, on the other hand, did play bad. They could lose to TCU this week if they aren't careful. We overlooked Ark. St., simple as that, but at least we aren't Michigan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home