Friday, April 18, 2008

Something to get excited about


What else would he do? Possibly open a hair salon?


First, my apologies for the slow blogging. It will probably be this way until the seminary semester comes to a close. For some reason, seminary professors do not understand the vital influence sweet emotion has on the world and are relentless in their time demands. But, amidst the sports lull, I had to inform our readers about something we need to pull for.

Here is something to get excited about. Mel Kiper this morning on ESPN radio, in a staunch disagreement with another person that dared disagree with his life obsession (the NFL draft), made a striking statement. He said...and I do paraphrase...If Matt Ryan goes anywhere past the 8th pick, then I will not quit what I do.

Wow! That is something to get excited about. No more Mel Kiper and his year round NFL draft analysis. Don't get me wrong, I love the draft, but you've gotta pull for Matt Ryan to go past the 8th pick just to see if he will stay true to his word. I mean what will Kiper do with his life is there is no "expert" analysis.

Ravens, Dolphins, Jets and others...do it for the sake of everyone. On a sidenote, I don't really get the whole Matt Ryan thing? Did anyone see him when he played against the big boys?

Oh and by the way, your crazy if you don't draft McFadden.

3 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger kurt said...

I've heard people considering tanking fantasy leagues last year just so they could take McFadden with the 1st pick. That ought to say a lot about who the best player is.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Alex said...

I loathe Mel Kiper, especially the way he claims to know more than everyone on something that you or I could do if we took the time.

It's like he expects the GM's to call him for advice. His all-time idiot quote, "The New York Jets just do not understand the NFL draft."

(see our post from last April on the Draft)

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Alex said...

....and we've gone continental...but I still miss Brian P. Sulpher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home