Sunday, March 02, 2008

Buffet Suggestions











We are all about full, unbridled manliness on this blog, and so I needed to publicly address this crucial issue that has been running through my brain. On Friday, colleague of mine (Gray Hardison) excitedly called to inform me that he had spotted a wonderful sign. My ears tickled and my mouth watered as I heard him say, "I drove by the chick-fil-a in Atlanta and the sign out front said they had a Saturday Breakfast buffet." Maybe I've just been out of the loop on this one, but that is unbelievable. Are you telling me, on Saturday mornings I can drive to Chick-Fil-A and pound as many chicken biscuits with honey as I so desire? A dream come true, I can safely say that every time I've downed a glorious chicken biscuit, I've thought to myself, "I could definitely eat another."



That information got me thinking. Why don't more fast food restaurants go with a lunch buffet? Pizza Hut and Mazzio's continue to reap the benefits? My buddies and I have some pizza hut buffet stories from back in the day. KFC has also made a good run at it. Being that I was a marketing major in college, here are my top 3 restaurants that should offer a "Friday Lunch Buffet."



3) Arby's - Hands down, behind Chick Fil A, it's my favorite fast food. I went the other day and took advantage of their take 5 menu. What a deal, pick five items for $6.49. Anyway, what would make their buffet work is the variety of their menu. Their staples could be cheese sticks, curly fries, regular fries, Jalapeno Bites, Onion Petals and potato bites for side items. Their entree's could include market fresh wraps cut into smaller pieces, popcorn chicken, miniature bacon n cheddar sandwiches (my mouth just started watering). Items such as the Chicken Cordon Bleu and the Toasted Subs could rotate on and off. And then one could finish off their meal with dessert items such as cherry/apple turnovers or a jamocha milkshake machine. Variety is the key at Arby's and would enable them to piece together a mouth-watering buffet for $6.99.



2) Krystal - Need I even paint the picture. You walk in on Friday and spot a buffet table full of Krystal burgers, Krystal Burgers with cheese, Krystal Chiks, and yes...Chili Cheese Pups. My goodness I would be so excited. Add fries and chik'n bites for your side items and one is set. On the way out, you could grab a slice of their lemon icebox pie or a hot apple turnover....or both. The Krystal Buffet would be especially kid-friendly with their icee machines. The buffet would solve my constant Krystal Dilemma...how do I decide what to get? One rule for Krystal, by law they could only offer this once a week, lest the obesity problem in the United States get raised to the power of 10. Also, it would be $6.99




1) Drumroll please......Taco Bell. Hard and Soft Tacos, Chalupas, Mexi-melt burritos, chicken and steak quesadillas, chicken taquitos, nacho chips, Gorditas...I could go on and on. One could finish off with a handful of cinnamon twists. Here would be the best thing of all, they would only charge $4.25. That's the great thing about Taco Bell, even without the buffet you get like 6 tacos for a dollar. I am guaranteeing success on this one. I can already see the effects, men would be checking their watches at work around 9:30 a.m and then they would slip out from work about 10 minutes early just to beat the crowd.



Anyway, if you are the CEO of any one of these companies, take my idea and run with it. Just give all our readers a free trip to the buffet. Let's hope it happens, the world will thank Sweet Emotion.

3 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger kurt said...

Arby's homestyle fries are the Fred Taylor of french fries. They've been dominating for years under the radar. Plus, you can get a mix (curly & homestyle) if the lady at the register is cool. How can you beat that?

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

love the thought of both the arby's and taco bell buffet. taco bell would for sure be my fave. however, i disagree that taco bell is "inexpensive." everybody thinks that taco bell is so cheap, but i can't eat there for less than 7 bucks, and that's drinking water! when i was in high school, i could eat for under 7 bucks however, because you could get 10 tacos for $6.90.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Alex said...

All this sounds great, but i think they should kindly add "pepto bismol" to the fountain drinks assortment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home