Thursday, July 27, 2006

A grill, gunpowder, and alcohol = a great combination


I had a blast from the past the other day when I came across an article. My old carpool buddy Torrent and I used to ride to school together while listening to a radio show entitled "The John Boy and Billy Show." It was usually filled with a good laugh here and there. But the funniest reoccuring joke was about idiotic things people did. They would tell true stories about people's dumbwitted actions and then usually wrap it up at the end by saying "and investigators found that SURPRISINGLY ALCOHOL WAS INVOLVED."

With that being said, I stumbled across an article about a man in Magnolia, Delaware. Yes, people actually do live in Delaware...I was surprised as well. Anyway, he was about to slap some steaks on the furnace when he began having trouble lighting the grill. The man then came to a conclusion that we all would, "I'll just use gunpowder." You can predict the outcome. The gunpowder ignited, caused a flash fire and gave him 3rd degree burns on his hand.

I was dumbfounded. How could someone do this. And then it all made sense. One of the last sentences of the article read, "investigators believe alcohol played a part in this incident." Ah yes, I chuckled. Suprisingly alcohol was involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home