Monday, October 09, 2006

The moment I jumped up and down like a cheerleader


Please notice the fans chanting RE-GGIE

I am not even embarrassed...not the least bit. When Reggie Bush returned a punt on Sunday for a game winning touchdown, I might as well have been doing toe touches. And I am not ashamed. These kinds of things don't happen to the Saints. Let me say it again, These kinds of things don't happen to the Saints. True Saints fans are few and far between for that simple reason. Most Saints fans have either given up and thus callous towards the world, or are incapacitated due to some sort of stress related illness. Let me help with an example. Being a Saints fan in 2003 meant watching our playoff hopes stay alive in Cal-esque fashion as Deuce and others pitched and lateralled the ball with no time left on the clock for an improbable touchdown. Playoff hopes are alive right...WRONG! John Carney proceeded to MISS the extra point.
With that being said, I was not at all surprised to see the ole yellow flag on the field following Bush's return. But, Lo and Behold, it was against the Bucs. Dare I say I am enjoying being a Saints fan this year.

On a second note. Somebody needs to check Brent Shaeffer's birth certificate. Are we 100% certain he is not the brother of Aaron Brooks? Their style of play is eerily similar. If I see Brent Brooks do one of these, there will be no further doubt.



Wow, I think I just felt my stress level go up.

5 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger kurt said...

The saddest part of that whole clip is that it happened in California and Oakland still signed him...how could you think, "you know that guy who threw the football backwards 30 yards, that's the guy to bring our franchise to the top..."

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger kurt said...

oh yeah, and there is a glitch in Madden 07 that makes the QB throw the ball backwards as far as he can...its called the "Aaron Brooks Glitch"...you can see it at YouTube...

...nice legacy!

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger joel kimmel said...

well, i watched the brooks clip not sure of what it would be, and i just busted up laughing on the quiet floor of the study wing and got about 68 glares. he is such a cancer and i can't believe he has more money than i do, much less have a job playing a game.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Joel,
I don't even know you but like you already, anybody that gets glares from the "quiet floor" from laughing is my friend. Carry on.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger joel kimmel said...

brian,
i don't know you either, but like you already. anybody who can withstand years of torment from aaron brooks and stay a die-hard fan truly possesses "sweet emotion." i mean, he wasn't even throwing it backwards to deuce in order that perhaps mcallister could make a play. it was a lineman! if this was madden '07, brooks' awr would be about 37

 

Post a Comment

<< Home