Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Peyton Manning...true american Hero

If you missed SNL last saturday, well - it's probably b/c it hasn't been funny since Will Ferrell left. But Peyton Manning stole the show, he was witty/funny/clever and made it worth watching. This United way commercial was beautiful.

I'm sure we'll see Bill Simmons come out with something this week claiming that Tom Brady was funnier when he hosted. I didn't watch Tom Brady, so i have no comment. But it did bring up a quick thought about the athletes who have hosted SNL. Some were worth watching, others...not so. It brings up the question, who can make the transition well from athletics to comedy. We have obviously seen some of the comedians attempt the opposite, Bill Murray is a terrible golfer.

The best athlete SNL host by far was Michael Jordan. Manning's skits are not far behind. The worst ones were definitely Nancy Kerrigan, Wayne Gretzky, and Derek Jeter --all very awkward and boring.

I can't remember all the atheletes who have hosted, suggestions will help here. But I think Manning's performance deserves a sweet emotion salute.

8 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I can't even look at you!!!"

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you count professional wrestlers (dunno if you would), I know when the Rock hosted (with help from the other three guys who were there) was quite hilarious all in all.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Brian said...

I forgot to watch it...hilarious.

I'm sorry....do you wanna lose. brilliant

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Brian said...

I forgot to watch it...hilarious.

I'm sorry....do you wanna lose. brilliant

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't find a clip but Joe Montana was classic as "Sincere Guy Stu". Here is the transcript. The last line catches me off-guard everytime.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/86/86istu.phtml

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you think he really drilled those kids? Reminds me of Billy Madison.

- Ben

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing video, SNL commercials still go it!

-Chris

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Micheal Jordan, "I don't have to be a great basketball player...because i'm good enough, i'm smartt enough, and dawg gone-it - people like me." Classic!

- Brad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home