Friday, September 14, 2007

At it again



If you are tired of Lou Holtz, I am sorry. I know we have pointed out 43,000 ridiculous things that he said over the past year and a half. You would think the law of repetition (did I just make up that law?) would kick in at some point and I would cease to be amazed at his comments. However, last night during halftime of the West Virginia game, I found myself laughing out loud again and then rewinding on Tivo to make sure my ears had heard his statement correctly. He reached 43,001 ridiculous comments in startling fashion.

Surprise, Surprise, the folk at ESPN were talking about the Michigan/Notre Dame game. In the process of gabbing back and forth, Lou took center stage and said (I am paraphrasing because direct quotes are just too hard to remember from him: "If Notre Dame loses and starts out 0-3, I just don't see anyway they can get back to a BCS bowl for the third straight year."

Is anyone else in the world honestly thinking Notre Dame still has a shot at a BCS bowl if they can just get by Michigan. I think I saw his counterparts even start giggling at his comment. Wow!

Have a good weekend folks!

3 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Alex said...

as much as I laugh and loathe Lou Holtz, one thing to consider. While Notre Dame really may be one of the worst teams in college football, only strand above Duke and Temple, it is pathetically realistic that if they were to miraculously win out or even win 9 of their next 10....College Football is gay enough to grant Notre Dame a BCS bowl. I'll never forget 1995, 11-1 #3 Tennessee left out of the 'pre-mature BCS' in favor of a 7-4 Notre Dame.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger joel kimmel said...

don't you worry guys, the ncaa is already in talks to amend the rules concerning how notre dame is able to qualify for a bcs bid (which they will ALWAYS get as long as they are eligible). i heard they are going to make it where as long as nd doesn't lose a conference game, they will be eligible.

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the fact that they do not use play-offs is why college football is a waste of time. 8 (or 16) team play-off would make far more sense, though ti would still come down to subjective rankings to make it work, it would reward the consistently good more than the consistently lucky bowl winners of years past.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home