Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday Thoughts

Let me apologize for the recent slow moving activity at Sweet Emotion. Only a post a week is bush league and we apologize. No wonder the stock market has been spiraling downward the past few weeks. Sometimes we forget the influence we have on the world. With that being said, let me share a few thoughts.

1) The Super Bowl - I'm pretty excited about the super bowl. The Patriots have given me one more reason to dislike them. Two Words - Laurence Maroney. My goodness, where was this guy during the regular season? Oh yea....on my fantasy football team riding the bench! After they never gave him the ball during the regular season, they decide to let him run crazy for the playoffs. Mr. Maroney, you just got taken off our Christmas Card list.
The Patriots appear to be pretty much unstoppable. However, just maybe the Giants can pull off the crazy win. All teams that have played the Patriots twice have played them much better the second go-around.
A couple of observations from the games: 1) Tom Coughlin looked like he was in need of some skin grafts after the game. His face looked like the famous "pimple remover" episode in Saved by the Bell. 2) Terry Bradshaw needs to cut his hair. When he did post-game interviews without a hat....it was just disturbing. 3) Belichick did not wear his sweatshirt. 4) The Patriots offensive line is ridiculous. Tom Brady looks like he is playing back yard football with a "12 Mississippi" rush.

2) The master of the blogging world Gray Hardison had some scary video of Tom Cruise on his website. I was the other day where the "church" of scientology is suing the website for posting the Tom Cruise promo video. Here is a free tidbit of information for life. Anytime a "religious" organization does everything they can to keep the outside world from knowing exactly what it is they believe....run away.

3) The SEC is down in basketball this year. My prediction: Only 5 teams make it to the tournament. Tennessee, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Florida and Vanderbilt. Most teams will have to go 10-6, 11-5 in the SEC to make the Big Dance.

4) Looks like ole Coach O might be headed for the New Orleans Saints.
Orgeron is a great "assistant" coach. I repeat, assistant coach. So could be possibly a good move for the Saints. It will be fun seeing Orgeron yell at Hollis Thomas

I'm not sure where Watlington has been, but I'm his trusty wingman so I'll track him down.

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Alex said...

I would like to also apologize for "destroying" the momentum we had for a while. I've just been so swamped with Job interviews that i've had no time to digest anything in life....except how mad I am that the Patriots keep winning, but i've already blogged about that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home