Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Night at the Movies

I'm trying to imagine what it would have been like to be in this movie theater last night. There you are, relaxing, enjoying a movie with your loved one. It's a quiet, serene scene in the movie and you're locked in while scraping the bottle of the barrel for the last bits of popcorn. All of a sudden "BANG." I mean big "BANG." You hunch over and look to your right only to have a CAR BUMPER inches from your face! I think it's safe to assume quite a few expletives came spilling out from the audience...probably a few no one has ever heard before. Hey, if there is ever an appropriate time to use one... this gets my vote.

It would absolutely scare the doo doo out of me. I'm not sure I could ever sit in a movie theater again. I think I'm sitting in the middle of movie theaters now.

My other favorite aspect of the story is how the Theater owner gave the people who were inches from the car "some passes" (for free movies). Wow, Thanks! Free passes for a movie. That's the kind of gesture one gives when the movie is fuzzy or the sound goes wrong. A CAR ALMOST HIT ME IN THE FACE, How about a lifetime of free movies and some free counseling as I work through the issues.

Oh and two more things, after investigation.....Surprisingly, Alcohol was involved....and drumroll please.... surprisingly the driver was a woman!

I was going to do a blog on B.A. Baracus, a man among boys, but this story was too fascinating. So stay tuned as we salute B.A. later on this week.

4 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Alex said...

vintage sweet emotion....it's Valentines day, and what do we do? We mock female driving- well played my friend, well played.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! That is totally crazy and yeah the theatre maybe should have done more than just "some free passes".

As for the woman driver thing, indeed it is SHOCKING! Or not. Yeah defintely not.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

I hate to think of women driving while under the influence. Women behind the wheel is terrifying enough, and the fact that this particular lady was sloshed makes me thing of big evil things, like Emperor Palpatine or the Balrog.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian i have to give it to you, you are freaking funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home