Sweet Emotion's Humble New Year's Wishes
With New Year's fast approaching, I thought I would reveal my wish list for the new year. I think its safe to say that though I (Brian) am authoring this blog, the wish list goes for Sweet Emotion as a whole.
1) Tom Brady, Bellichick and the Patriots lose. I am ready for the Patriots hysteria to come to an end. I would love nothing more than for the Patriots to lose to the Giants in the final game of the season and then take an early exit from the playoffs. Of course, that scenario will only bring forth an unending series from Sportscenter about "Will any team ever go undefeated again?" But that is a whole lot easier to swallow than a 7 week series on "Are the Patriots the greatest team ever?"
2) LSU destroys Ohio State. I'll be honest, much to the chagrin of SEC lovers, I don't think it will be like last year. Ohio State is coming into this game with a chip on their shoulder from last year's embarrassment. Here's to a New Years wish that will once again humiliate the Big 10.
3) Neither Senator Hillary Clinton nor Senator Barack Obama wins the 2008 presidential election. Sweet Emotion has yet to endorse a candidate (hence the stalemate in the GOP), but I can assure our readers it will be neither Senator Clinton nor Senator Obama. The Iowa primary on January 3rd will be interesting. More to come from Sweet Emotion.
4) A Wikipedia appearance from either Sweet Emotion or one of its authors. How I wish wikipedia had been around in my high school days. The fact that I can look up all I ever wanted to know about game show legend Marc Summers at just a click of the mouse is amazing. Wouldn't it be great if Sweet Emotion made such headlines next year that it landed itself permanently in the records of Wikipedia. Though our chances are slim, if one had to bet, Alex would be our best hope. With his seminary career coming to a close, he will soon be making headlines across the country.
5) Become fluent in playing Guitar Hero III on the Hard level. Yes, I did receive Guitar Hero III for Christmas. Yes, it is amazing. Yes, I stayed up till midnight playing last night. And yes, my mom stood in line with other mothers to purchase it for me. Other mothers were chatting about how excited their 10 and 8 year old son would be when they received it for Christmas and my mom proudly said "my son is 26 years old." p.s. I played Pearl Jam's "Evenflow" last night....I had a face melting performance
6) Ole Miss makes the NCAA tournament, College World Series, and a bowl game all in one year. (ok, Alex is probably not in on this one). I'm not sure which is more unlikely, this wish or #4. The most likely appears...appears to be the NCAA tournament. Next would be the bowl game...simply because the odds are much greater. And least likely to happen would be for the Rebels to actually advance past the super regional.....Ok, I know this wish is too much to ask.
7) The BCS comes crashing down.
8) The "feminization" of men comes to a stop.
9) Mario Kart and Smash Brothers for Nintendo Wii lives up to its hype.
10) Movie Theater and Gas Prices somehow plummet. *** to go along with that...people quit thinking its cool to be disturbing in movie theaters.
11) A church basketball title. (I know...its embarrassing, but its all I've got left).
12) My nephew Graham's first words are "Brian, you are the greatest uncle I could ever hope for."
13) A new "scientific" breakthrough shows that talking contributes to global warming. The discovery forces former Vice-President Al Gore to quit babbling ridiculously about it.
14) Allen Iverson (A.I.) becomes bored with basketball and decides to take up football and thus dominates two sports.
That about sums it up for me... Let's hear from you. Thanks for being with us another year and we look forward to serving you in 2008.