New SE hall of fame inductee
The amount of media coverage that this press conference tyraid has recieved has in no way been overblown. I'm a few days behind on this, but Mike Gundy is certainly now in the Sweet Emotion Hall of Fame. He is our kind of man. His reasons for induction are:
1) He put the media back in it's place. The media attempts to exercise too much power and have more of a voice in spors than the sport itself is willing to hear. It controls way too much and thinks they know more than they do. He totally put them in their place.
2) He humiliated a woman who attempted to write an article about football
3) He proved women know nothing about football and shouldn't be allowed to have a public voice in it.
4) He defended his players and protected them.....by lashing out on an idiot woman
5) He reminded us again of all the great press conference flip-outs by coaches
"you play to win the game"...."they were who we thought they were!!"..."playoffs?? playoffs?"..."F*&% those f*&%$' fans who come out here and say they're Cub fans that are supposed to be behind you rippin' every F*&%$' thing you do"..."practice dawg, not a game, we talkin' bout practice"..."we couldn't do diddley poo on offense, we sucked, we got our a@$ kicked"..."I'm gonna KILL YOU!"..."put that in your pipe and smoke it!"..."the kids are playing their tails off and the coaches are screwing it up!"..
Where does Gundy's ramp rank in the history of outbursts??