I have no clue what I'm doing
Like every year, there are some big suprises midway through the season and then some things have played out as predicted. A month ago the LSU/Auburn game was being hyped up with enormous BCS implications--not so much anymore. Florida had preseason hype, and has lived up to every bit of it -- Ohio State likewise. Michigan has emerged, finally, as a good team. Much to the media's dissapointment, Notre Dame is beatable and the "Classic Monday Night Showdown" between Miami/Fla. State is in retrospect a joke. Some bizzare thoughts: Arkansas is in the driver seat of the SEC west, West Virginia/Louisville may be one of the most meaningful games of the year, the Big 12 Championship game could actually be watchable, and USC may not win the Pac-10 this year.
Things we Know:
- Mississippi State belongs in 1-AA football
- Lou Holtz has a speech impediment and needs clinical help
- The SEC East is the best conference in America....the SEC West is a close second
- Somehow Brady Quinn will end of in NY for the Heisman Trophy presentation
- The chick who announces the noon ESPN2 game is definitenly a dyke
- Miami is the worst coached team in America, LSU is a close second. Both need to stop playing PS2 in order to develop game plans
- Colorado is the best 0-5 team in the past 4 years
- Notre Dame will get spanked by USC and still get a BCS bowl bid
Things we don't know:
- Who will play for national championship
- Who Will win the SEC West
- How the producers at ESPN manage to keep Lou Holtz on the Air and out of a psychiatric facility
- Who will get fired at end of season
- How many dozen doughnuts does Charlie Weis eat every day
- How good will some of these true freshman QB's be in the SEC
What each SEC team needs to do keep winning:
Alabama - get a place kicker and get a softer schedule, can't keep having these scares from Duke and Hawaii!
Auburn - realize that Brandon Cox is not Jason Campbell
Arkansas - run the ball 99% of your plays
Florida - keep the weed out of the lockeroom for 3 more months, and keep paying that lawyer
Georgia - find a QB...NOW
Kentucky - play some defense
LSU - star letting Jamarcus Russel coach the team...it can't hurt
Ole Miss - run the ball, run the ball, and when Brent Shaeffer thinks he should throw--tell him to run the ball
Mississipi State - ???????????
South Carolina - you could start by not bitchining out your coaches in front of the media
Tennessee - let Erik Ainge do his thang
Vanderbilt - Get new uniforms?? they do that about 2x a year anyway
Midseason predictions and hopes:
- If Ohio State and Michigan are undefeated when they play, the media will build it up as "THE GREATEST FOOTBALL GAME OF ALL TIME", they already love this rivalry anyway. Winner will play for national title
- Florida still has a tough road, but their defense is just brutal and tough--though this Leak/Teabow thing may backfire on Meyer
- Cal or Oregon to beat USC ending their regular season domination
- Texas looked gloomy after Ohio State, but they have rebounded as the best one-loss team. They repeat as Big 12 champs
- WVU/Louisville winner may end of undefeated and rightfully left out of BCS championship
- Clemson may win the ACC, but they do not - let me emphasize this - THEY DO NOT have any shot at playing for the BCS title (many clemson fans think they should be considered in the mix)
- on a personal note, I wish for Tennessee to run the table (going to be VERY tough, not sure they can) and get Notre Dame in a BCS bowl game. We could hang 70 on them!!
...to all of you out there, I wish the Rebs, Dawgs, Horns, and other teams solid finishes and a decent bowl, may the sweetness of your sweet-emotion not become soured.